When attempting to access Sophos Reporter in Internet Explorer you get Error code 401.
This issue can be caused when the search order for Windows Authentication is not added or configured correctly.
Validate settings in Internet Explorer.
1. The domain/URL is listed in Internet Explorer's Trusted sites list.
Internet Options | Security | Trusted Sites | Sites
2. Enabled Integrated Windows Authentication is checked
Internet Options | Advanced | Security | Enabled Integrated Windows Authentication is checked.
Validate settings in IIS
1. In IIS Manager, on the web site/directory where Reporter is installed. Click on Authentication.
Windows Authentication should be enabled.
All other authentication methods should be disabled.
2. Right-click Windows Authentication and select Advanced Settings.
Extended Protection set to Off
Enable Kernel-mode authentication checked
3. Right-click Windows Authentication and select Providers.
Enabled Providers, you should list NTLM and Negotiate.
Click NTLM and move it up to the top.
Click the OK button.
4. Double click Authorization Rules and Edit the Allow Users profile.
Make sure if a group is defined it is listed as the domain or the server's name (e.g. *DOMAIN\Fastvue* or *SERVER\Fastvue*)
You should now be able to access Sophos Reporter using Internet Explorer.
As always, if you need additional assistance, please get in touch!