One possible reason why you may not see data being imported into Sophos Reporter is if Windows Firewall is blocking syslog traffic.
You can open the syslog port using the following instructions on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Instructions may differ slightly for other versions of Windows);
1. Go to Control Panel | System and Security | Windows Firewall | Advanced settings.
2. Select Inbound Rules and click New rule…
3. On the Rule Type page, select Port, and click Next.
4. On the Protocol and Ports page, select UDP and enter specific local port 514, and click Next.
5. On the Action page, select Allow the connection, and click Next.
6. On the Profile page, select Domain, Private and Public, and click Next.
7. On the Name page, enter Syslog as the name of the rule, and click Finish.
Alternatively, Start PowerShell as admin and run the following command:
Once you have performed these steps, let the software run for a minute or so. You should soon see data importing into Fastvue Sophos Reporter.
For other reasons why data may not be importing, please see our article: No Data Is Being Imported.